About Me

My photo
Reno, NV, United States

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wild West 1/2 Marathon & 10k

Hopped in the car w/ SnowLep, Big T & Abby3 and headed up above Truckee for the Wild West 1/2 Marathon & 10k put on by High Sky productions. SnowLep and I ran the 10k which went a tad long @ 6.6mi & Big T and Abby3 took on the 1/2 Marathon. The course climbed 594ft over 3.3 miles and then we got to downhill it back to the start. I felt slow as I just started back running and need to walk some of the hills. SnowLep dropped me after the first mile but I caught her around mile 4 and then she got down the hill a minute & 1/2 before me in 1:10:08 and I came in @ 1:11:35. Big T & Abby3 clocked in @ 2:08:22/23 to finish a difficult day on the trails. The race tees were pretty cool so I snagged a medium to send back to the SSI. Then we cruised over to 5050 Brewing for some well earned pizza and beer!

1 comment:

Turi Becker said...

Great day, Dave. Glad you could make it-