About Me

My photo
Reno, NV, United States

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bike Training

Went uphill a little over 19 miles on the bike around hign noon. I got a total of 1740ft climbing in as well as measuring a couple climbs to use as measuring stick. I generally use Las Brisas Dr from McCarron to Robb Dr to test my climbing (400ft in elevation over 1.6 miles for about a 5% grade or close to a Cat 4 climb in the Tour). I hit it in 12:04 but I had to use my smallest chairing so I got some work to do. I don't want to set any time goals until I can climb it in my middle chainring. I threw in a couple of climbs just under a mile @ 4% & 5% grade. Then I cruised home up North Virginia 3% grade over 3.4 mi. Interestingly, I hit all these climbs inside Reno city limits--I'd hate to see what happens out in the wilds.

No comments: