About Me

My photo
Reno, NV, United States

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Run Training

3.25 mile jog on the Verdi Loop right outside work. I jogged easy and finished in 31:20 a little under 9:40/mile. The part I liked best--I got my run done before the weather turned bad. I ran in shorts, gloves, beanie and two shirts and I figure the temp around 45 degrees. I noticed in my running log that my time lands close to my "tempo runs" but I felt slower and more relaxed. That leads me to believe I need to improve my running economy. I plan on running easy Thr and racing on Sunday but next week I plan on adding 1/2 mile intervals on the Nature Trail to improve my footspeed.

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

Sounds like a good workout, and a good distance! I still don't know if I'm going to be able to run with you on Sunday (or if I want to do the 5 or 10K- although I might as well do the 10K since they're the same price!), but I'm gonna try! :)