About Me

My photo
Reno, NV, United States

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cobweb Chaser 5k

Visited San Antonio, a DiamondDave recommended destination, over New Year's with family and got to run SARR's Cobweb Chaser to start the year.  I got race with my Stepfather Lamar and my Stepbrother Brad, so just toeing the line with them made the race special.  I got to enjoy a flat course for once in my life and crossed a long (3.19 mile) 5k finish in 26:18 for my fastest 5k since the "comeback in Feb. '09," although I ran a negative split for the second 5k in the '09 Rock 'n River 10k in 26:06.  I wanted the course to be dead-on because I quietly thought I had a mid 25 in the legs but I guess I'll just have to work until my next fast course, no wait, I'll cry like a little girl because the big mean race wnt too long.  Even cooler I got a race in Texas under my belt.

1 comment:

slowrunner77 said...

dang - with 22 feet of elevation to boot!!!
good job, eh.